• We work with children & young people with highly challenging and complex needs
• We are fully trained and highly skilled mentors and coaches
• We offer a bespoke mentoring & coaching service using our professional skillsets that
include; Boxing, Dance, Drama, Drama Therapy, DJ’ing and Music and Personal Training
• All our mentoring is underpinned by our specialist ‘in-house’ behavioural management
• We offer regular 1-1 mentoring sessions
• We are passionate, friendly and approachable
• We are all fully trained in working with serious youth violence, safeguarding and ‘young
minds’ mental health training
• All our team have a current DBS
• All mentors are committed to providing young people with emotional support, life skills and self-value. We work on boosting aspirations, confidence, positive mindset and motivation
• 1 -1 Mentoring
• Drama Therapy
• Football / Fitness
• Group Mentoring
• Music / Dance
Interventions / Workshops We Offer:
• Internet Safety
• Girls Group / Boys Group
• Therapy through Acting
• Behavioural Management
• Peer Mentoring
• Team Building & Enterprise
• Motivational speeches
• Music Exploration
S - SUPPORT
E - EMPATHY
R - RESILIENCE
E - EDUCATION
N - NUR TURE
I - INSPIRATION
T - TEACHING
Y - YOUTHFULNESS
What happens after I contact Serenity Welfare?
The Serenity Welfare team will arrange a meeting whereby an assessment will take place at an agreed appointment time to meet with one of our mentors, and mentee at your school, college, or a provision of your choice. Serenity Welfare will offer you the earliest appointment, possibly within a 2 week period.
Serenity mentors have drastically helped me with expressing myself in a positive way and have guided me in the right path, showing me right from wrong. They have also helped me take education more seriously and how to spend my free time in a good way. They check up on me on a regular basis, seeing how I am feeling and to discuss my problems if I have any, they help me understand where I’m wrong and how to fix things in a smart way. They have definitely changed my views in life, helped me understand and come to terms with that there are more things to life than violence, drugs and gangs.”
(Young Person, 17 years old)
Serenity have been working with B who is 15 since April 2019.
We have just extended the package for him a second time as the progress he has made since having a mentor has been phenomenal.
His confidence is growing after each session and he was described in recent LAC review by his IRO as being a completely different boy and they expressed that this support should most definitely continue for him due to the remarkable difference in his presentation.
Before mentoring B had very low self-esteem and was presenting as withdrawn and depressed.
B now takes pride in his appearance, socialises with his peers and takes active part in discussions around his care planning which before he would just leave to professionals to decide.
The reports have been sent promptly each week and have been detailed and insightful. Any issues around changing booking times have been resolved quickly via the provider and his children’s home which is very helpful for us.
Pricing of the packages is clear and precise with no hidden extra costs and the provider are happy to tailor packages to suit the individual child’s needs. I would happily recommend this service to any social worker who was thinking of mentoring or support for their young person and it has been a pleasure working with the team.
Senior social worker , local authority